The Terms and Conditions stated below are those applicable for the 2017/18 season.
● Payment: Payment of the amount due may be by cheque, Visa or MasterCard. Cheques should be made payable to the “Leaside Curling Club” and post-dated no later than September 7th. Cheques and credit card payments will not be processed until after September 6th. Please note that processing of your payment is not a guarantee that you have been placed in the league of your choice. If we are unable to put you in a league of your choice, we will promptly give you a full refund either by cheque or credit card. There will be a $20 charge for an NSF cheque.
● Date of application: Returning members are asked to submit their application form by August 12th. This will enable the drawmasters to ascertain who is coming back to curl prior to admitting new members into the various leagues.
● Administration Fee: Returning member applications received after September 7th will be charged a $25 administration fee. If a member wishes to appeal this fee, they must submit payment in full then request a refund in writing with an explanation.
● Full Membership: You are considered a member and placed on a team when the application form is completed and signed, and you are in good standing with your fees and chits. Social members, competitive members & curlers under 18 years of age do not have voting privileges at the Club.
● Confirmation /Receipts: If you require a receipt, please request one from the office.
● Withdrawals and Refunds: A full refund will be provided if you make a written request to withdraw prior to the end of October. After October 31st, a prorated refund of section fees and HST only (which excludes membership fees of $73.45 and prize fund fees) is available (at the Board’s discretion) if the member is unable to participate due to medical reasons or relocation. Please submit a written request to the Treasurer. A $25 administration fee will be deducted from the amount being refunded.
● Pro-rating Section Fees: For members joining after league play has started, the playing fees are pro-rated based on the number of curling dates remaining in the season. Membership and prize funds are then added, if applicable. There is no prorating for Little Rocks, Bantams, and Juniors.
● Transfer: Memberships are not transferrable.
● Snow Days / Emergency Situations: Sections can cancel league games. Club closure will be posted on the LCC website indicating the reason for the closure. Leagues will follow up with their memers to indicate how these cancelled games will affect the schedule. There will be no rebates for cancelled games.
● Sparing in Sections: Only club members are allowed to play as spares in league games. If a team violates this rule, it will be deemed to have defaulted the game. Juniors can spare in adult leagues at the discretion of the respective drawmasters.
● 5 Member Teams: If you wish to form a 5 member team, all members must sign up as full members.
● A Leaside Curling Club Membership allows a club member:
• To play in scheduled league games
• Use of practice ice, when available
• To spare in other league games
• To participate in club events, clinics, etc.