Leaside Curling Club
Day Women Section
General Rules Monday/Tuesday 2015/16 (updated April 2015)
All players are asked to be on the ice by 12.55p.m., so that the game may commence no later than 1.00p.m. A warning bell will be rung at 2.55 p.m. to signal that the end of the game is near. Finish only the end that you’re currently playing.
** Same rules apply to morning games: 9.45am start, consider warning bell is 11.45a.m.
An end is considered to be started, only if the 1st rock thrown is in motion.
Please adhere to the bell rule as laid out by the Games committee.
1. Teams will be composed of a minimum of 3 players. In the event of a three person team, the first two players will throw three rocks each and two rocks will be thrown by the Skip. At least one member of the team must be present to play the game. All games are played on the scheduled date.
2. Prior to commencing a game a Vice-Skip or a designated member of either team will flip a coin. The winner of the coin toss has the choice of the hammer (last rock) or choice of rock colour.
3. A game consists of eight (8) ends, but a team may concede after six (6) ends, if both teams agree to end the game. The winning team will be awarded by the Draw Master, 1 End & 1 rock pt., per end(s) not played, within the game allotment (based on 15 minutes per end). Exact time must be recorded on the score sheet.
1. The scores will be recorded as: Win=5pts; Loss=1pt; Tie=3pts; Default=1 pts.
2. In the event of a blank end, each team will record ½ point.
3. The winning vices are responsible for recording the scores and the exact finishing time on the score sheet. Confirmed verification of scores & signatures of both vices is necessary.
4. At the end of each draw, ties for 1st; 2nd; or 3rd place will be broken by:
1. end count
2. rock count
3. point differential
4. coin toss
5. There will be no playoff games & in any one game the maximum point differential will be +10/-10.
6. In the event that there is an uneven number of teams in a draw the scoring will be prorated.
A game is defaulted when:
1. a team has no original members of the team
2. a team has only 2 players (1 being an original member of the team). Unless the 2 Skips (offending & non-offending) agree to share players and score the game as played. In the case of a defaulted game, the offending team will receive 1/0/0/-5 points for the game loss; ends; rock count & point differential The non-offending team will receive the score of 5/5/5/+5 for the win.
Spares will be acquired only through the designated Spare Co-Ordinator of each draw. Do not arrange for your own spare. Spares must be used from the available spare list. When the spare list is depleted, the team will then play with 3 players. It is at the discretion of the team to decide where the spare would be best played.